Happy Birthday, ESO!
ESO is 4 years old this month, but there were no holiday events the first year, so we are heading into the 3rd birthday party. Official announcement release is at this link.
The birthday event may be my favorite. Possibly because it was the first event – they have holidays in WoW and I missed them in ESO, so I was excited they’d been introduced, and I like that they started with a birthday celebration.
But I also like the event because the rewards are linked to dailies & weeklies, which means a wide variety in activities you can do to participate. My biggest single issue w/the the events (which I think is everyone’s issue) is that repeating the same activities for the rewards gets boring. Not an issue during the birthday fest.
Also: rare motif pages can drop in the reward boxes, and as a craftaholic, I’ve been looking forward to those reward boxes for months. 🙂
It amuses me that the cakes get a new tier each year; that’s going to be a biiiiig cake in a decade.
In addition to announcing the event, the promo article also listed a bunch of fun stats, which I’m copying below… and congrats to my EP buddies, I feel I should add. 🙂
ESO Turns Four!
In these four years, we’ve been proud to hit some big-time milestones, including 10 million players last year. That said, the ESO community has hit some pretty amazing milestones of their own. Check out these incredible in-game statistics from PC/Mac launch until today:
- Total number of monsters killed: 15,881,472,493
- Total number of players killed: 1,346,033,201
- Total number of Soul Gems used: 1,183,836,570
- Total number of quests completed: 2,064,266,404
- Total number of items crafted: 7,415,834,454
- Total number of achievements earned: 1,145,234,018
And, finally, here’s some additional numbers that might surprise:
- Most popular race: High Elf (14.98% of all characters)
- Most popular Alliance: Ebonheart Pact (36.33% of all characters)
- Most PvP Kills by Alliance: Ebonheart Pact (122,490,253 kills)
- Highest unpaid bounty: 248,655,731 gold
- Highest paid bounty: 362,324 gold